“Kuje 13 lost their lives and 20 injured”, the agency said. They have been trying to carve out an Islamist state, killing thousands of people and displacing more than two million others.
The Nigeria Labour Congress has urged the Federal Government to reopen investigation into the cases of people indicted for sponsoring the Boko Haram sect in the country. The blasts in the towns of Nyanya and Kuje killed at least 18 people and wounded about 40 others.
Police sources told local papers on Sunday that the most likely option was that the attacks had been conducted by fighters hiding among the displaced persons living around the capital. The Abuja blasts came a day after at least 10 people were killed when four suicide bombers blew themselves up Maiduguri, the restive capital of Borno state and 11 villagers died in neighbouring Adamawa state.
Suspected Boko Haram insurgents detonated explosive devices at a popular market and police station in the Kuje district before another bomb went off in Nyanya minutes later.
“There are a number of dead but we can’t say anything about numbers now”, Manzo Ezekiel said.
He also reiterated the need for security consciousness among the citizens by reporting any suspicious objects and unusual movement in their localities to security agencies.
Boko Haram claims this is one of the suicide bombers behind Abuja explosions on Friday, October 2, 2015.
Yusuf in response to THISDAY enquiries allayed the fears that areas around the Nnamdi Azikiwe global Airport, Abuja road could be under security threat following the bomb blast in nearby Kuje town.
Nigeria has been hit by a spate of bombings in recent years, largely blamed on the militant group Boko Haram.