Saudi Arabia said Tuesday that the photos are of those who died during the entire pilgrimage and not just at the disaster in Mina.
Iran on Thursday almost doubled its death toll from last week’s hajj stampede, saying there was no hope of finding pilgrims missing after the tragedy, AFP reports.
First special flight carrying Haj pilgrims from Jammu and Kashmir will arrive at Srinagar global Airport from Saudi Arabia tomorrow for which all arrangements are in place.
Kana said of the 1,180 bodies identified, 64 were Nigerians, adding that 71 Nigerians had sustained injuries during the incident.
The deceased pilgrims came from 15 states across Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country. “The incident should be fully investigated to see how it happened and what caused it”. While the carnage goes on, Riyadh remains unpunished for its atrocities by it successfully blocking every United Nations attempt to launch an official investigation. Saudi Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir has vowed that if errors have been made, those that made them can be held accountable.
It wasn’t immediately clear how this would affect the overall death toll in the disaster.
However, he stated Saudi Arabia‘s official Internet area lately had been defaced or modified by politically lively hackers angered by the case of Ali Mohammed al-Nimr, who was sentenced to demise over expenses he was convicted of on the age of 18.
On the contrary, the Ministry of Religious Affairs has not yet updated the list of the deceased and injured on its website since September 27.
Another 241 people, including senior Iranian diplomat and former ambassador to Lebanon, are among the Iranians still listed as missing six days after the deadly crush.
Gujarat is home to 11 of the 45 Indians known to have perished in the worst disaster to befall the Islamic pilgrimage for 25 years.
King Salman has ordered an urgent safety review into the tragedy, admitting there was a need “to improve” organisation at the pilgrimage attended by almost two million people this year.