Nigerian troops have rescued 178 people from Boko Haram in attacks that destroyed several of the Islamic extremist group’s camps in the north east, according to the army.
They include 101 children, 67 women and 10 men.
Photos released by the army showed open trucks packed full of women, children and elderly men.
He said the momentum would be sustained in the ongoing operations against the insurgents in the north-east, until all portions of Nigeria’s territory were safe and free from the insurgents.
The Nigeria military has captured Boko Haram Commander and rescued 178 captivities in Bama axis, Borno State.
The United Nations Security Council on Tuesday called for global assistance to fight Boko Haram, a Nigeria-based terrorist group associated with al-Qaida.
Boko Haram has stepped up its attacks since Buhari took office in May, unleashing a wave of violence that has claimed 800 lives in just two months.
This is coming after the President’s meeting with Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday, August 1, 2015 during his one day visit.
Human rights lawyer Femi Falana has called the trials “a travesty” held in secret because the soldiers’ evidence is a condemnation of Nigeria’s military establishment – indicating corrupt officers often divert money meant for salaries and arms.
(Breitbart) Boko Haram militants slit the throats of sixteen Christian fishermen on the shores of Lake Chad in the Nigerian state of Borno.
A regional offensive launched earlier this year has driven Boko Haram from numerous towns it had occupied, but the militants have still been able to launch attacks, including suicide bombings.
“The attackers burnt down some houses and killed seven persons in the village situated along Konduga-Maiduguri road”, Opadokun told reporters in Maiduguri.
The force was supposed to start operations on July 31 but has been dogged by a lack of funding and political will.
Boko Haram’s insurgency, and the army campaign against it, have killed more than 15,500 people since 2012.