Directioners, mark this day on your calendars: The band is NOT splitting up.
The Sun newspaper reported Monday that band members would go separate ways for at least a year after finishing a tour this autumn and promoting their fifth album.
Group member Niall Horan, 21, posted a message to his 23 million followers on Twitter in which he said: “Ok so Lots of rumours going round”.
Okay, we’ve heard the Liam and David comparisons before and they really could pull off a twinsies thing, but the Nialler one is new to us and something we never considered before.
Louis also attempted to calm fans’ frayed nerves, Tweeting, ” Your support is truly indescribable!
However, we have said for some time now that we thought a break would be on the cards.
He sent two further tweets, saying simply “promise” and “don’t worry”.
One Direction is now on the North American leg of a tour that is due to end October 31 in Sheffield, England.
Some auction sites and online exchanges are seeing tickets for the final gig priced at twice the face value, which ranged from £43.45 to £71.50.
Malik quit the chart-topping group earlier this year.
It seems that Payne may want to fine-tune his songwriting, producing and DJ skills rather than a solo career, according to the report. As fans will know, following their next album release in November, One Direction’s 5-album deal with Sony will be up.
Liam wrote, “So glad everything has been cleared up today and ur support with it is unbelievable not that we could ever expect anything less your awesome…Thank you so much for everything you have done for us it’s been the most incredible five years and there’s so much more to come”.