My guest Chris Hedges has asked ‘Where is our Jeremy Corbyn?’ to which many may reply, ‘We’ve got Bernie Sanders!’ Joining me to explain why he thinks Bernie Sanders is no Jeremy Corbyn is Chris Hedges himself.
Speaking at a conference event on Monday evening, Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale said it was the joint task of Corbyn and herself to make the party appeal to both Yes and No voters in Scotland’s referendum a year ago.
Len McCluskey, general secretary of Unite, said his main focus was on safeguarding the jobs of members in the defence industry, as Labour prepares to confront an issue that is splitting the shadow cabinet.
The new Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale had suggested on Sunday that Labour MSPs could be free to campaign for independence, while insisting that “I cannot accept that there will automatically and inevitably be another referendum on independence”. People clearly...
The Scottish independence referendum took place on September 18, with 55.3 percent of Scots voting against independence, resulting in Scotland remaining part of the United Kingdom , while 44.7 percent of the population supported an independent Scotland.
The Europeans insisted on the Greek Parliament voting for these tough measures as they say Greece suffers from a huge “trust deficit” and that they need some assurance that the Greeks are honest about implementation.
Lawmakers in the Greek parliament overwhelmingly backed a package of economic reforms and further austerity measures, in the hope that it would convince European creditors to back a third bailout of the country.
ATHENS, Greece (AP) – Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras sought his left-wing party’s backing on Friday for a new budget austerity package that is harsher than what he urged Greeks to reject in a vote just last week, but would provide the country will longer-term...