One of Josh Duggar’s molestation victims is planning to file a lawsuit against the reality show star and ex- anti-LGBT activist.
“Once a child reaches the age of majority, which is 18, the statute of limitations [to sue] has run,” Arkansas attorney Robert Cossio told FOX411. That section allows for a sexual abuse victim to file a civil suit when he or she begins experiencing effects of the abuse years later.
According to the magazine’s source, it’s not that surprising that the woman, reportedly a baby sitter, wants to take Josh to court now.
The Duggar family cannot escape the Arkansas DHS as they come under investigation again. As Raw Story notes, the police report revealed that the five victims included four of Josh’s sisters plus a non-related babysitter who had been at the Duggar home. The Duggars likely will have to answer every question as they will not be able to invoke their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination because the criminal statute of limitations has expired.
A June report by In Touch claimed the Duggar family was being investigated as recently as May 27, and a 911 call regarding the Duggars was placed on that date by a Washington County Department of Human Services (DHS) worker because the DHS was allegedly being denied access to a minor in the family.
“All the church elders who knew about this will have to be named”, a source told the magazine.
Should TLC make a move to resume its broadcast of ’19 Kids and counting, ‘ the civil lawsuit could push Josh’s secrets into the forefront as the show and family continue their effort to fix a compromised public image.
A rep for the Duggar family didn’t return FOX411’s request for comment.
Since the initial report, TLC has pulled “19 Kids and Counting” off the air.